On behalf of Senior Associate Dean Mo Zell:
The UWM School of Architecture and Urban Planning is searching for an innovative leader for the Rapid Prototyping Lab Manager position.
The Rapid Prototyping (RP) Lab Manager will have an opportunity to not only manage and direct the lab but vision what a new 21st century lab at UWM should be. The role will allow for teaching and research opportunities.
The RP Lab is a crucial resource for funded and academic research in the School. It is also a recruiting asset for new faculty and graduate students. The Lab supports several funded research projects, design/build projects, and academic courses focused on fabrication and making.
This academic professional position will have these responsibilities:
1) To manage and oversee the day-to-day operation of the Lab including maintaining all equipment; the store, health and safety protocols; hiring student workers; and serve as backup support to Building Manager
2) To assist and support faculty who are doing funded and academic research or teaching courses within the Lab
3) To support the new Design + Construction Institute with expanding design/build initiatives
4) To work with the Department Chair and School leadership to vision new directions for the Lab that supports current and future academic and research initiatives
5) To teach and/or co-teach technical and design skills related to digital fabrication and other topics that utilize the resources of the current and future Lab
6) To engage in research
The full position description and application details can be found here.
Reach out if you have any questions.
Mo Zell, RA
Senior Associate Dean
UWM/School of Architecture and Urban Planning