We're Hiring! Shop Manager at Penn State's brand new Innovation Hub Makerspace #opportunities #management #staff #job

Ryan D Mandell

Hello all,

I hope this note finds you well and enjoying the smooth conclusion of another semester.

I'm excited to announce that the job posting for "Shop Manager" of Penn State's brand new Innovation Hub Makerspace has just gone live:

Makerspace Shop Manager (myworkdayjobs.com)

A successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of an 8,000 sq. ft. fabrication facility comprised of woodworking, metalworking, and digital fabrication tools and located in a brand new building in downtown State College, immediately adjacent to the campus of Penn State University.  The mission of this space is to facilitate prototyping and product development activities for individuals across PSU's campus, as well as members of the general public.  The Shop Manager will ensure a safe and accessible environment, provide instruction and training on standard operating procedures and safety, and act as direct supervisor for up to 10 hourly employees.

This is a full-time, salaried position with comprehensive health and retirement benefits.  Salary will be in the neighborhood of $65K.

Individuals from all backgrounds (Architecture, Engineering, Art, etc.) are invited to apply.

We are looking to hire for a start date of Feb. 1st, so please apply right away!

Happy Holidays,
--
Ryan Mandell
Director, Innovation Hub Makerspace

Ryan D Mandell

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm reaching out with a friendly reminder about this great opportunity:

Makerspace Shop Manager (myworkdayjobs.com)

This is a chance to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new initiative, and put your stamp on the design and operation of a world-class facility.

Please feel free to reach out with questions, but apply right away!  The application window closes soon.

Best wishes,
--
Ryan Mandell (he,him)