[Ext] [myssmc] Inexpensive CO2 laser beam windows and mirror #3 #lasers

Michael Gillhouse

We buy cheap laser lenses from Cloudray and soak the old holders in acetone to remove the bad one and glue in a new one with a cheap UV pen from amazon. You can get these lenses from the company direct or Amazon.

They are cheap but they work and we have used them in our Universal VLS 6.60 and ILS 12.150

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 5:25 PM Trevor Kemp <tk4b@...> wrote:
Anybody know of an inexpensive supplier of the beam window and mirror #3 optics components, specifically for Universal laser cutters?  I was shocked when I originally saw the price of focus lenses directly from Universal or through official resellers (about $230), and then I found cheap knock-off lenses online for about $25.  The only extra work is gluing them into the aluminum holders, but otherwise they seem to work great.  Similarly I have found cheaper off-brand alternatives for mirror #2.  However I can't seem to find the beam window (optical part on back left corner of the machine) or mirror #3 (the non-circular one above the focus lens) for lower prices anywhere, and I'm stumped why these seem so difficult to track down at lower prices (I did some poking around on eBay and AliExpress).  Thanks for any suggestions!

Michael Gillhouse

I can give specific specs tomorrow when I return to work.