OMTECH.com Lasers? #equipment #software #lasers

Bill Bergman

Hello everyone,  I hope all are prepared for the Fall if it hasn't begun already.
We purchased a Laguna EX 36 x 50 150W laser from Lagunntools.  Service is lousy the machine is just so so.  Our beloved Vytek has finally quit and we need to add throughput.  I was looking at Thunderlaser and OMtech came up and the software sounds better than RD works.  Has anyone used an OMTECH laser or used Lightburn?  Do these companies just reuse RDworks and call it something else?
My Dean wants us to stay with Laguna and I like to go with another but would like to not have headaches again.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated

Bill Bergman
Fabrication Shop Manager
RPI School of Architecture

gerg

I have found Lightburn to be a massive improvement over RDworks. The documentation is great and the online resources are solid. Well worth the license cost.

I have been using Lightburn with my personal Ruida DSP laser. It's a Chinese laser and gets sold as thunder, G-Wieke, you name it. I'm fairly certain the Laguna is the same with a fresh coat of paint. Aside from the chassis and motors, the DSP is what is most important to pay attention to when it comes to software compatibility.

Greg

I used to work at the U of M Fabrication Shop.