[EXTERNAL] Re: [Ext] [myssmc] #equipment #airfiltration #labsafety

Elie

Hi Stan,

In addition to the great suggestions by everyone, using a “Jet” dust collection system normally used at woodshops with the 4” hose right over the mixer will help control the dust at the source. The advantage to this system is that it moves large quantities of air although at lower pressure then a shop vac and has a HEPA pleated filter with a rotating handle to regularly clean the filter and maintain air flow. It is relatively inexpensive. High CFM (HVLP) would be best at controlling ambient dust at the source.

Industrial clear vinyl curtains in addition to dust collection, preferably mounted on rolling frames since you plan to move around, will help in preventing the dust from spreading.

Finally, if you are feeling adventurous and the location allows it, do a wet down on the floor of the area where you will be doing the mixing to control dust on the floor. That would require keeping the floor wet until it can be cleaned.

Best,

Elie Merheb

Office of Facilities and Equipment

McArthur Engineering Building