[Ext] [myssmc] goggles + mask = fog

Stan Johnson

There are some products for underwater goggles and masks that might work. Some safety glasses advertise an anti fog coating as well.
Stan

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 3:56 PM Michael Gillhouse via groups.io <mgillhou=iit.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Hello All!

Does anyone have any good ways to deal with fogging goggles when used with face masks?
It is my guess that students will all have different goggles/glasses and different iterations of a face mask. In just about every variation I have tried, I cannot escape the fogging.
This will be a huge point of frustration with students and creates a potential safety hazard if the goggles fog up in the middle of a cut.

mg
iit coa

Brandon Iglesias

Check out what paintball players utilize in their masks, their vision requirements drive excellent antifogger use.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020, 9:40 AM Stan Johnson via groups.io <ojohnson=iit.edu@groups.io> wrote:
There are some products for underwater goggles and masks that might work. Some safety glasses advertise an anti fog coating as well.
Stan

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 3:56 PM Michael Gillhouse via groups.io <mgillhou=iit.edu@groups.io> wrote:
Hello All!

Does anyone have any good ways to deal with fogging goggles when used with face masks?
It is my guess that students will all have different goggles/glasses and different iterations of a face mask. In just about every variation I have tried, I cannot escape the fogging.
This will be a huge point of frustration with students and creates a potential safety hazard if the goggles fog up in the middle of a cut.

mg
iit coa

Allan Sutley

My very low tech solution to fogged glasses when wearing a face mask is to take a piece of wide 3M first-aid tape about four or five inches long  and roll it into a tube, sticky side out - essentially making a piece of double sided tape. That gets taped to the inside of my mask at the top where the mask will contact my nose and cheeks. The mask then gets taped to my face and makes a tight seal at the top so I don't get any fogging even with considerable exertion. This method has the added advantage of keeping me from absentmindedly pulling the mask down. So far it hasn't irritated my skin. I had tried quite a few things before this (although not solutions on my glasses) and this is the only failsafe thing for me so far.

Allan

Allan Sutley

Shop Supervisor

Stuckeman Shop