Ambient Air Filtration Recommendations for Large Woodshop... #equipment #safety #airfiltration #woodshop

Ben Sherwyn

Hello All,

I'm in the process of researching ambient air filtration units for our school's large woodshop and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on commercial units that are currently available.  Our shop is about 7400sf and our air filtration systems will be due for an upgrade soon.  Models that I'm currently researching include the Baleigh AFS-2400, AFS-1600, and AFS-1000 units but I am open to other suggestions.  Any personal recommendations or advice will be much appreciated.

All the best,
Ben Sherwyn
Milwaukee, WI

Charles Allhands

Ben,
Our wood shop is roughly 20' x 25'. We have three AFS-1000 filters (Jet branded) hanging up that have served us well so far (our machines have dedicated dust collectors as well). Having three allows us to choose how many we need turned on for how much dust we are making rather than just having one that is too small or too large for the task.

Charles Allhands
TEAM Lab
UW Madison