From: main@myssmc.groups.io <main@myssmc.groups.io> On Behalf Of jfdean@...
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2019 5:06 PM
To: main@myssmc.groups.io
Subject: [myssmc] accommodations for little people. #equipment #inclusion

Does anybody have any experience accommodating little people in the wood shop? Specifically the table and band saws. We are planning to build a platform for him to stand on, but would like any other advice that anybody may have. thanks.

keithmillan <keithmillan@...>

Hi
We had a small person in our program, I found that having a meeting with the person in the workshop without other people in the workshop and going through the tools one  at a time and taking the lead from the student as to what they were comfortable with in planing out strategies for the various tools with was most useful . Everything followed from them feeling included and welcome. Keith